I’ve been on a vacation recently. I took some notes and tons of photos. So here there are my notes + some photos to make you jealous.
– Was nice. Good company: one 35-40 year old man and one 20 year old tall and skinny girl. She tried to be little snobby but that didn’t last long cause the man is very talkative.
• Bus travel
– The bad news were that we need to travel another 304 km to our hotel. Good news again – good company: all the same + a 25 year old dj, a pretty girl and a talkative woman.
It took ~5 hours. First impression of Sicily was: ‘Wow this looks familiar’. At first glance it looked much like Tenerife.
• Hotel President
– It’s really close to beach. But they messed up with rooms. As a result, we’ve got a room w/o balcony, that kind of sucked. My roommate is a nice gentleman, but he’s too upset with shortcomings of this hotel.
– Pretty fast :)
– Water was super, clean and clear. Nice sea shore. Great sun.
– Good and tasty
• Excursion to Noto
– The city is nice but the rain didn’t make me too happy. I tried real Italian “caffe”. But I still don’t like coffee.
– Super supper. Nice food, strange talks.
– Strange news at the beginning of dinner. Some history: active ones of our group have tried to change our schedule the way they needed and didn’t inform the hosting party. As a result: our program is cut down to visiting hotels.
– We only visited hotels but the Captaormina hotel was fantastic.
– A very nice excursion to the ancient city (8th century b.c.)
Visited ancient amphitheater and the old city.
– Took some sun bath, swam a little in the ionic sea and in pool. An old man from our group shared his background on geopolitical situation in near east.
– Catania is second biggest city in Sicily.
We happened to arrive on a day when there was big bicycle trial show. There were many spots all around the center.
Unfortunately I didn’t find a Puma store …
– It’s the biggest (highest and most active) working volcano in europe.
My impression – Fantastic.
I had a feeling like I’m on other planet. Black ground around and steam everywhere + we were there the morning after the night when new eruption had started and it was still erupting when we were up there.
– Finally we are able to visit the old taormina.
Fantastic, very very nice place, high in the mountains, smashing views.
• The move
– We are leaving the president hotel on the east of the isle and moving to Citta del mare on the west. Nothing special just 4-5 hours in bus talking with this lawyer girl about nothing.
• Citta del mare
– Huge compared to our previous hotel. A lot of different activities available.
I checked out the beach, it’s all rocks. But it’s fine if u r careful.
– We are in historical center of the city. A lot of churches. Very diverse architecture.
– A little town built next to palermo by one of local rulers after he had quarreled with the church.
– Nice little town. I found 2 stores with t-shirts but one didn’t have original ones and the other had none with player names.
• Palermo (Shopping)
– Unfortunately I found genuine Italy jersey only in one place and they didn’t have it with player names :(
– High in the mountains. Very nice views. Heh there is a math institute here :)
– Just an ancient temple. But this stuff is beautiful.